Agree / Disagree Essay Question Type
BRZEE Academy’s Best Tips:
- Choose one side, i.e. either agree or disagree. You should not answer with both sides.
- BRZEE Academy teaches candidates:
- To use a wide range of vocabulary.
- Judicious use of transitional or connective words.
- The instances or examples to be used in coherent and logical way.
- Teach appropriate vocabulary associated with this question type.
- Law-breakers / Felons = Someone who has perpetrated a wrongdoing or has been legitimately indicted for a wrongdoing.
- Delves = Go into depth of anything.
- Communal = a gathering of people.
- Eye-opener = Something astounding and uncovering.
- Jaywalkers = A neglectful person.
- Dilapidated = In unfortunate condition.
- Custodial imprisonment = A judicial sentence which imposes a punishment consisting of mandatory custody of the convict.
- Rehabilitation = Therapy during imprisonment to reinstate in the society.
Question: Some people believe that all criminals should be put in prisons, however, some think that they should be permitted to do unpaid work to contribute in the society. Do you agree or disagree?
It is evident that the number of criminal activities have been rapidly increased over a decade. Some people are of the opinion that all the offenders should be detained while other assert that doing communal voluntary work will be more beneficial to both the society and the people. This essay delves into agreement that certain law-breakers / felons should be given non-custodial sentences.
To commence with, not all the offenders are involved in heinous crimes like rape, murder, abduction, terrorism etc. and making them doing social work for community can make them repent. Moreover, by community services such as, cleaning streets, counseling other substance abusers, producing goods etc. criminals are able to give something back to the society proving that they have changed. In addition to this, rehabilitation programs offered by the government will both be useful for the criminals and the society as they will promote peace and harmony. Hence, allowing them to live a respectful live without cheating is an eye-opener for these jaywalkers.
Another important point is, in current times prisons over the world are facing the problem of overcrowding prisons. More prisoners means more food and security is needed that are already dilapidated. The rise in the number of law-breakers subsequently increases the cost of running the prisons. There are ample evidence that suggest unpaid community work is a great way to cut government cost on punishing offenders. Consequently, the money saved can be used for development, thus, improving the living standard of the country.
In conclusion, crime is a major issue, but cracking down on offenders with harsh custodial imprisonment is not the only way. These problems can be solved through the government unpaid community work and rehabilitation which would be advantageous to the society by raising the living standards and will dramatically reduce crime levels.